Well the answer is a resounding YES course you do. Companies who blog more than 15 times per month get 5 times plus more traffic than those that don’t blog at all?
Can’t argue with those figures.
Plus business decision makers prefer to use information taken from a blog post rather than an advertisement – its safe to say that a blog is more than worth it.
What does having a blog do:
Well it makes it easy to communicate with customers, a huge factor is it humanises your company and builds credibility as an industry expert. It is a way to receive feedback and it can help your website ranking position on Google, bing etc
Key things your blog should be:
1. Interesting and useful
Interesting content is the key reason people follow brands on social media.
- Keep you content relevant to you and your company or products
3. Time is a key aspect
- 70% of users say they read blogs in the morning, and Mondays are the highest traffic days for a blog.
How to create a more engaging blog
1. Update often and frequently
- 92% of companies who blogged multiple times a day acquired a customer through their blog.
- 46% of people read blogs more than once a day.
2. Go visual
- Articles with images get 94% more views than articles that are just text.
3. Make it easy to share
- Attract more customers by making it easy to share your posts across all social media networks.
- There are over 33bn pieces of content shared every week on Facebook alone
4. Add a call to action
No point in spending all that time writing if it leads nowhere